The Insolvency Service
Update 5 November 2015
The publication how to make someone bankrupt has been replaced by Apply to bankrupt someone who owes you money
Update 15 October 2015
We have published a new guide to bankruptcy.
This publication replaces
- The old guide to bankruptcy
- What will happen to my home
- What will happen to my bank account
- What will happen to my pension
- What will happen to my motor vehicle
- Income payments orders and agreements
- When will my bankruptcy end
- Can my bankruptcy be cancelled
- Bankruptcy and transgender
- What happens when you are interviewed by the Official Receiver
About the publications refresh
The Insolvency Service has reviewed its guidance publications and will shortly begin the process of replacing the existing Word and PDF documents with new web based content.
We have refreshed our guidance to focus on our customers need to understand the insolvency processes available to them, complete the required tasks to access our services and meet certain requirements.
We will be introducing our new guidance in phases and will shortly be making changes to content for people who have a Debt Relief Order or are thinking about getting one.
You can view the publications we are replacing and the progress we are making in the document.
Every effort is being made to make the transition as smooth as possible for our customers. Please do let us know if you experience any problems with accessing our publications during this time.