Legal Aid Agency
More and more users are taking advantage of the claim for Crown Court Defence service (CCD) for work under both the Advocates and Litigators Graduated Fee Schemes.
Very impressed with service
Feedback is still being gathered from users to improve the service following the completion of rollout in August 2016. But responses so far have been very encouraging. For example:
MJP Solicitors said:
I am very impressed with the service and look forward to this being the method for making all claims.
Carter Osborne Limited said:
Very helpful messages received back on our claims.
9 St John Street Chambers said:
Having just submitted my first bill it does look very easy to bill a claim.
Facts and figures
- more than 60,000 bills have been successfully submitted and processed online with more users signing up every day
- usage continues to increase with 44% of bills submitted via CCD in January 2017
Benefits of online billing
- AGFS and LGFS bills and evidence submissions can be submitted online directly to the LAA
- immediate bill submission avoids postal delays
- reduced postage and printing costs
- online messaging and instant notifications from the processing teams
- no need for a wet signature
Software companies are working on developing a link between case management systems and CCD.
- fast transfer of information between LAA case management systems and CCD
- you can avoid the need to re-key duplicate information
- calculation of fees will already have taken place
All users are encouraged to contact their software vendors to take advantage of this development.
email@example.com to sign up for CCD
Criminal legal aid processing: applications and digital systems to find out more about online billing and download a Crown Court Defence FAQ document