Legal Aid Agency
The Claim for Crown Court Defence (CCD) system is mandatory from 31 October 2017 for claims under the:
- Advocates Graduated Fee Scheme (AGFS)
- Litigators Graduated Fee Scheme (LGFS)
This means you will no longer be able to submit paper forms for your work.
More than 68% of bills are already submitted online instead of using the paper alternative. This breaks down into 74% for AGFS and 63% for LGFS.
How to sign up
Signing up to use the new system is very quick and easy. Benefits include:
- immediate bill submission avoids postal delays
- reduced postage and printing costs
- online messaging and instant notifications from the processing teams
- online evidence submission
- no need for a wet signature
Last paper applications
Any AGFS or LGFS bill will be accepted on paper providing it is received by the Legal Aid Agency on or before 31 October 2017.
Consideration will be given to accepting AGFS and LGFS paper bills on a case by case basis for two months up until 31 December2017.
What support is available?
- quick user guide
- online WebEx training sessions are being held in the lead up to 31 October 2017
- frequently asked questions document
See further information below to access these resources along with a booking link for training and details on how to sign up to the system.
Legal aid: criminal legal aid processing quick user guide, frequently asked questions and how to sign up
WebEx training sessions Eventbrite booking link