Legal Aid Agency
Advocates are now able to make payment on account submissions for high cost case work within the Client and Cost Management System (CCMS).
The change was made on 8 December 2016 and follows feedback from advocates.
What do I need to do?
You have 2 options.
- submit your request in CCMS if you are satisfied receiving 75% of the payment on account
- email your request if you would like to receive 100% of the payment on account: counsel_events_POA@legalaid.gsi.gov.uk
A quick guide is available on the CCMS website with more details of how to make either of these requests.
Benefits of CCMS submissions
- payments on account will be automatically recouped on payment of the final bill
- no adjustments will be needed if payments on account exceed the final bill amount
- payment can be made more quickly
If you choose to request a payment on account of 100% this will take longer to process than a request for 75%.
Interim bills submitted from 2 January 2017 will be rejected.
counsel_events_POA@legalaid.gsi.gov.uk to email 100% payment on account requests