Form: Apply for a replacement cattle passport

British Cattle Movement Service

December 9
13:07 2022

Application for a replacement passport


If a cattle passport is lost or stolen, you must apply for a replacement within 14 days of realising its missing. A replacement costs 20.

You must not move the animal off your holding until you have a replacement passport.

Complete the form and send payment by either Bacs (Bankers Automated Clearing System) transfer or cheque. Payment instructions are on the form.

Return it to:

British Cattle Movement Service
Curwen Road
Derwent Howe
CA14 2DD

If you cannot download or print the form, you can get a paper copy by contacting the British Cattle Movement Service (BCMS) through your CTS Online account, or by telephone.

British Cattle Movement Service
Telephone (England): 0345 050 1234
Telephone (Wales): 0345 050 3456
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm
Find out about call charges

What happens next

Youll usually get the passport within 14 days of applying.

If BCMS cannot trace the animals full movement history, they will not issue a replacement passport and you will not get a refund.

Instead, youll get a notice of registration (CPP35). This means the animal cannot leave the holding unless you have a movement licence. Find out more about the rules for cattle without passports.

Read more about how to get, correct or replace a cattle passport.

Published 8 November 2022
Last updated 9 December 2022 +show all updates
  1. Added additional section to the form 'How to complete the form'

  2. Added translation

Recent Comments

Follow Us on Twitter

Share This

Enjoyed this? Why not share it with others if you've found it useful by using one of the tools below: