Medicines Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency
This guidance explains how to obtain a Written Confirmation for each shipment of Active Substances manufactured in Great Britain that is exported to the EEA or Northern Ireland.
From 1 January 2021 we will continue to accept importation of active substances into Great Britain (England, Wales and Scotland) without a Written Confirmation from the same list of countries as currently (European Economic Area (EEA) countries, USA, Japan, Republic of Korea, Brazil, Australia, Israel and Switzerland) as well as from Northern Ireland.
Northern Ireland will also continue to align with all relevant EU rules relating to the placing on the market of manufactured goods.
Further guidance is available on importation of active substances from countries on a list.
For further information, please email our Customer Services Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3080 6000. Alternatively, contact your Trade Association by emailing:
- Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI): email@example.com
- British Generic Manufacturers Association (BGMA): firstname.lastname@example.org
- BioIndustry Association (BIA): email@example.com
- Clinical & Contract Research Association (CCRA): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ethical Medicines Industry Group (EMIG): email@example.com
- Health Food Manufacturers Association (HFMA): firstname.lastname@example.org
- The National Pharmacy Association (NPA): email@example.com
- Proprietary Association of Great Britain (PAGB): firstname.lastname@example.org