The Department for International Development (DFID) has up to 4 million to fund round 6 of the Agri-Tech Catalyst.
The aim of the competition is to increase the pace and scale of uptake of agricultural innovation by farmers in developing countries and to achieve:
- a sustained reduction of poverty and hunger for smallholder farmers
- a sustainable intensification in developing country agriculture
- improvements in human health and diversity in diets and nutrition
- a positive impact on rural income and food security
- opportunities for trade in agricultural products
Agricultural science and technology is one of the worlds fastest growing and exciting markets. The global challenges that are driving this rapid growth include:
- a rising population
- climate change
- rapid development of emerging economies with western lifestyle aspirations
- growing geopolitical instability around shortages of land, water and energy
The governments UK Strategy for Agricultural Technologies is helping the UK respond to these challenges. It has invested 160 million in the Agri-Tech Catalyst and 4 Centres for Agricultural Innovation.
Innovate UK is running this competition.
- This competition is open now
- The registration deadline for the expression of interest stage of the industrial research award category is noon on 26 October 2016
- The registration deadline for the full-stage registration deadline for the early and late-stage awards is noon on 25 January 2017
- The application deadline for the expression of interest stage of the industrial research award category is 2 November 2016
- The application deadline for the full-stage registration deadline for the early and late-stage awards is noon on 1 February 2017