We are investing over 4.7 million to give drivers a safer and smoother journey.
Work starts on Monday 8 February and will continue until the summer.
Sign up to our email alert to stay up to date with road closure and diversion information.
We have been working closely with Stansted Airport on the programme. We urge holiday makers and motorists to plan ahead and allow extra time in case of any delays.
The following locations are affected:
- M11 southbound at junction 8
- A120 Trinity Stansted junction
- A120 between Dunmow & Blake End junctions
- A120 between Priory Wood roundabout and Stansted Airport eastbound exit (closed from 8pm)
- M11northbound prior to junction 7 exit
- M11 northbound after junction 6 entry slip road
At these locations we will:
- repair drainage and fencing
- reconstruct embankments
- replace road and lane markings
- replace road barriers
As with most of our schemes, well carry out the work overnight to reduce disruption to you. In February, well usually work 10pm 6pm. In March, well usually work 9pm 6am. There will be some lane closures, slip road closures and temporary speed limits during this time.
Dont forget to sign up to our email alerts to stay up to date on our planned schedule.