Department Of Health
DHSC publishes weekly statistics on coronavirus (COVID-19) contact tracing dating from when the NHS Test and Trace service started on 28 May 2020. These statistics cover:
- number of people tested for coronavirus in England
- number of people who tested positive for coronavirus in England
- time taken for test results to become available
- number of people testing positive for coronavirus in England that were then transferred to the contact tracing system, and the time taken for them to be reached
- number of recent close contacts identified, and the time taken for them to be reached
This document sets out information on the data sources and methodology are used to generate each of these measures. It will keep being updated with further detail.