COVID-19 cases and deaths
Information about the number of recorded cases and the number of recorded deaths for people who have tested positive.
- UK data on cases and deaths
- Northern Ireland data on cases and deaths
- Scotland data on cases, testing, people in hospital and deaths
- Wales data on cases and deaths
- Deaths from COVID-19 by ethnic group
Estimated infection rate
The ONS infection survey estimates the number of cases in the community. The reproduction number (R) and growth rates estimate the change in infection rate across the population.
Deaths where COVID-19 is suspected
Some deaths occur when COVID-19 is suspected but not confirmed by a test. The statistics below include these cases.
- Deaths in England and Wales
- Deaths in Scotland
- Deaths in Northern Ireland
- Guide to mortality statistics
Excess deaths report
The Excess deaths report measures additional deaths in England that are not included in the sources above.
Testing and tracing
The number and type of tests carried out.
- UK data on testing
- Northern Ireland data on testing
- Wales data on testing
- Tracing statistics for Wales
- Scotland data on testing
- NHS Test & Trace in England
- Weekly COVID-19 report published by Public Health Scotland (also including information on hospital cases in Scotland)
Hospital cases of COVID-19
Information about demand for healthcare services.
- UK people in hospital with COVID-19
- Wales hospital cases
- Northern Ireland hospital cases
- For Scotland hospital cases, search Scotland dashboard
- NHS England also publish information on COVID-19 hospital activity
Business and the economy
- Survey on the impact of coronavirus on business
- Coronavirus and the latest indicators for the UK economy and society
- Employment retention scheme statistics
- Funding for business
- Self-employment income support scheme statistics
- Universal Credit claims (Great Britain
- Universal Credit claims (Northern Ireland)
- PPE deliveries statistics (England): weekly reports
- Attendance in education and early years settings in England
- Attendance in education and early years settings in Scotland
- Attendance at local authority settings in Wales during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic (covers attendance of children and staff at local authority settings)
- Attendance at educational settings in Northern Ireland
- Shielded patient list in Wales during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- Shielding population in England
- Shielding population in Scotland
Statistics relating to the impact of coronavirus on education, travel and the wider community.