Guidance: Find a professional to certify export health certificates

Animal Plant Health Agency

December 2
13:40 2019


If you want to export animals and animal products from the UK, you need to nominate someone to sign an export health certificate.

This will be an official vet or sometimes a local authority inspector (usually an environmental health officer). They will check your consignment meets the health requirements of the destination country.

You can use this list to help you find a vet or local authority inspector who can certify your consignment.

The list does not include every certifier in England, Scotland and Wales. And not every certifier will be able to certify every consignment. Check the details in the list to make sure you are choosing the right one.If you cannot find what you need ask your local vet or email

If youre in Northern Ireland contact DAERA.

Theres no fee for the certificate but youll be charged for your vet or inspectors time.

If your organisation offers certification, and you want to be added to the list, email

Published 8 February 2019
Last updated 2 December 2019 +show all updates
  1. Updated the lists for England and Wales
  2. Added Wigan Council to the England list.
  3. Added entries to the England list.
  4. Updated the list for England and Scotland
  5. Added East Dunbartonshire Council entry in the Scotland EHC list
  6. Charnwood Borough Council entry changed to Leicestershire only.
  7. Added new suppliers to England, Scotland and Wales.
  8. Added 30 vet and 7 local authority certifiers in England, Scotland and Wales.
  9. Added contact details for local authority inspectors
  10. First published.

Related Articles


  1. We don't have any comments for this article yet. Why not join in and start a discussion.

Write a Comment

Your name:
Your email:

Post my comment

Recent Comments

Follow Us on Twitter

Share This

Enjoyed this? Why not share it with others if you've found it useful by using one of the tools below: