This consultation seeks views on consumer protection requirements around:
- quality of service
- transparency of information
- consumers in vulnerable circumstance
- the scope of the rules and how we should phase them in
It also covers Ofgems approach to implementing and enforcing regulation, including through guidance, market monitoring, compliance, and enforcement activity, as well as its approach to delivering the cost recovery regime.
The consultation builds on policy approaches established in earlier consultations:
We have published an Impact Assessment alongside the consultation document, which sets out the benefits and costs of introducing consumer protections and a license regime for rights and powers.
We expect the consultation to be of particular interest to:
- consumer groups
- heat network industry, such as developers
- local government
It is a joint consultation run by DESNZ and Ofgem:
- visit the Ofgem consultation page
Read our consultation privacy notice.