National Measurement and Regulation Office
The National Measurement and Regulation Office (NMRO) is looking for any further views from the UK about a draft document from the International Organization of Legal Metrology (OIML): The role of measurement uncertainty in conformity assessment decisions in legal metrology.
The UK views will then be sent to the secretariat of 3/SC 5.
Please review the role of measurement uncertainty in conformity assessment attachment and to help improve the draft use the attached comment template by 20 March 2016.
For further information then please contact:
International legal metrology
Telephone +44(0) 20 8943 7287
For more general information about the work of NMRO on international legal metrology then read our international guidance page.
Notes:OIML is an intergovernmental treaty organisation which:
- develops model regulations, standards and related documents for use by legal metrology authorities and industry
- provides mutual recognition systems which reduce trade barriers and costs in a global market
- represents the interests of the legal metrology community within international organizations and forums concerned with metrology, standardization, testing, certification and accreditation
- promotes and facilitates the exchange of knowledge and competencies within the legal metrology community worldwide
- cooperates with other metrology bodies to raise awareness of the contribution that a sound legal metrology infrastructure can make to a modern economy