Almost 100 companies from across the UK will be exhibiting at Innovate 2017.
If youre attending the conference as a delegate whether thats as a start-up, investor, researcher or government official you will get the chance to see new and novel products that are changing the world.
Wearable tech to lightweight trumpets
In total 96 organisations will take part in the innovation showcase. Innovations that will be on display include:
- Landreez, a portable, eco-friendly way for people to wash their clothes when they are travelling or away from home, from Chappell Solutions
- wearable, connected technology for children that helps to keep them safe, by Child Angel
- a pet monitoring system that tracks the health, activity and behaviour of cats and dogs, by Felcana
- a lightweight hybrid trumpet that is easier for young people to use, by Warwick Music Group
Ones to watch
Other companies to look out for are:
- Dynium Robot, which is developing an autonomous tractor thats of lower weight than traditional vehicles modernising farming while reducing soil compaction. Also under development are fully electric vehicles that can perform emissions-free farming
- HP1 Technologies, which is developing a sensor system for use in helmets that can measure time, location and magnitude of forces to the head during impact to assist with medical interventions
- Imagination Factory, which has developed its SwimAR head gear to be mounted to goggles and give swimmers access to real-time data on their performance. It includes a chronometer and lap counter
- Lightfoot, which uses connected car technology to reward better driving. This should help to lower emissions and improve air quality, while making conditions safer
- Sceenic, which integrates with existing over-the-top video and TV and set top technology to allow friends and families in different locations to watch TV together in a virtual living room
- The Bluespot Knee Clinic, which is launching its Knee Tracker. This uses gamification to encourage patients to complete their knee rehab exercises
Disruptive industries of tomorrow at Innovate 2016
About Innovate 2017
This years event takes place from 8 to 9 November 2017 at the National Exhibition Centre (NEC) in Birmingham.
The programme includes:
- a main stage featuring key note speakers and panel discussions on the biggest challenges and opportunities for UK innovators
- practical seminars on the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund and other business-critical topics
- a support zone with a range of UK businesses on hand to give advice
- one-to-one brokerage sessions
- tomorrows innovators, a new strand thats designed to inspire the next generation
- plenty of networking opportunities
More than 2,500 people are expected to attend across the 2 days. Prices are 150 for a one-day ticket and 199 for both days.