New practice guide 78: overseas companies and limited liability partnerships

HM Land Registry

July 31
09:31 2017

When overseas companies and limited liability partnerships acquire land and lend money on the security of land and property in England and Wales, our customers apply to register the transfer, lease, mortgage or a discharge of a mortgage with us.

Before we can update the register, we need to be satisfied that the overseas entity has:

  • a legal personality distinct from its members
  • power to own and deal with estates and interests in land in England and Wales
  • made sure the deeds to which it is a party have been duly executed

Overlooking these requirements can delay an application or lead to it being cancelled.

Customers should follow our new guide to make sure their application is right first time, so that we can register the transaction as quickly as possible.

Related Articles


  1. We don't have any comments for this article yet. Why not join in and start a discussion.

Write a Comment

Your name:
Your email:

Post my comment

Recent Comments

Follow Us on Twitter

Share This

Enjoyed this? Why not share it with others if you've found it useful by using one of the tools below: