The government has published proposals to improve mental health support for children and young people in England. Over 300 million has been made available to fund them.
- encouraging every school and college to have a designated senior mental health lead
- setting up mental health support teams working with schools, to give children and young people earlier access to services
- piloting a 4-week waiting time for NHS children and young peoples mental health services
This short video describes the main proposals in the green paper.
Other proposals in the green paper include:
- a new working group to look at mental health support for 16 to 25-year-olds
- a report by the Chief Medical Officer on the impact that technology has on children and young peoples mental health, to be produced in 2018
The consultation on the green paper will run for 13 weeks until 2 March 2018.