Foreign Secretary to discuss Russia at NATO meeting

Foreign Affairs

April 27
12:28 2018

During his intervention at the meeting, the Foreign Secretary will also urge fellow NATO allies to do more to tackle hybrid threats such as cyber-attacks, and interference in the domestic politics and infrastructure of Russias near-neighbours.

Ahead of the meeting, the Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson said:

This is the first NATO Foreign Ministerial since the attempted murder in Salisbury, and the chemical weapons attack in Syria. It is a key moment to discuss Russia with foreign ministers of all 29 allies.

At the July Summit NATO will take decisions on how to enhance its deterrence and defence.

NATOs ability to react quickly has already been demonstrated by the Alliances swift response to both the attack in Salisbury and in Syria, and by its show of solidarity with the UKs actions.

We have seen similar support from the EU and the G7. We must now maintain momentum and hold Russia to account for its reckless and destabilising behaviour.

During the meeting, Allies will also discuss other important issues including Afghanistan, enlargement, and projecting stability.

Further information

Media enquiries

For journalists

Related Articles


  1. We don't have any comments for this article yet. Why not join in and start a discussion.

Write a Comment

Your name:
Your email:

Post my comment

Recent Comments

Follow Us on Twitter

Share This

Enjoyed this? Why not share it with others if you've found it useful by using one of the tools below: