Supervising Engineer Panel engineers: contact details

Appoint a panel engineer for your reservoir.


Supervising Engineer Panel Engineers: contact details

This file is in an OpenDocument format

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need aversion of this document in a more accessible format, please email tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


As a reservoir owner or operator you are required to appoint a panel engineer for large raised reservoirs, including those classed as high-risk:

  • during the design and construction of any reservoir with an escapable volume greater than 25,000 cubic metres (construction engineer)
  • where an abandoned reservoir is to be restored and will be brought back into use as a large raised reservoir again (construction engineer)
  • to supervise the reservoir once built (at all times) and produce a statement once a year (supervising engineer)
  • to carry out an inspection every 10 years, identify safety work and set you deadlines for the work to be completed (inspecting engineer)
  • to supervise and certify any recommended measures to be taken in the interests of safety (inspecting engineer)

Reservoirs that have been determined as not high-risk only need to appoint a construction engineer during the design and construction, restoration or alteration of the reservoir. Supervising and inspecting engineers are not required.

Published 26 March 2013
Last updated 26 March 2020 +show all updates
  1. Updated contact details for Supervising Engineer Panel.

  2. Updated contact details for Supervising Engineer Panel.

  3. Updated contact details for Supervising Engineer Panel.

Related Articles


  1. We don't have any comments for this article yet. Why not join in and start a discussion.

Write a Comment

Your name:
Your email:

Post my comment

Recent Comments

Follow Us on Twitter