District Valuer Services Dvs
DVS advise on new road, rail, tram and pipeline schemes, and on airport expansions and new runways. Current clients include Highways England, HS2 Ltd, Welsh Assembly Government, Scottish Government, local authorities and major airport operators.
We are the UKs recognised experts on Land Cost Estimates, Compulsory Purchase and Compensation advice. We are strong advocates of Early Contractor Involvement and believe that involving our transport and infrastructure experts at the planning stage of a project can help ensure cost effective route selection and significantly reduce the risk of cost overruns.
We specialise in compensation modelling, negotiations for land acquisitions and, following scheme completion, handling Part 1 compensation claims, disposal of surplus property, and ongoing asset management issues.
We are also experienced in the role of Expert Witness at CPO Inquiries, Upper Tribunal (Land Chamber) and Alternative Dispute Resolution hearings. We hold an unrivalled property database that allows us to report authoritatively on market and land price changes before and after new infrastructure is put in place.
- Initial estimates of acquisition and compensation costs
- Market change forecasting
- Route selection Expertise
- Section 17 and 18 Land Compensation Act 1961 advice
- Compulsory Purchase: Negotiating/ managing claims including Bight Notices, Purchase Notices, Part 1 Claims and Disturbance
- Easements Wayleaves - Licences
- Plant and machinery Valuations
- Expert Witness at CPO Inquiries, Lands Tribunal and Alternative Dispute hearings
- Resolution hearings
Richard Pugh - Head of Transport