Department Of Health
Sectors who need to contact their local authority or local resilience forum to access free PPE
The following sectors can now sign up to the PPE Portal through their local authority or local resilience forum (LRF):
- a local authority service (including children and adult social care workers)
- mental health community care
- personal assistants (local authority, clinical commissioning group (CCG) commissioned, funded through personal health budgets and self funded)
- direct payment recipient or individual employer
- domestic violence refuges
- rough sleeping services
- extra-resident unpaid carers (an unpaid carer who does not live with the individuals they care for)
- an adult social care service that is not registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) (supported living, extra care, shared lives and so on)
If you are one of the above sectors and need access to PPE, please contact your local authority or LRF for further information about this see Local authority and LRF contact details below.
Some local authorities and LRFs are continuing to distribute PPE in their local areas. Your local authority or LRF will advise you on the specific approach being taken in your area.
If you are encountering any issues, please call our customer service team on 0800 876 6802.
Sectors who can contact the PPE Portal customer service team to access free PPE
The following sectors should already have access to the PPE Portal:
- residential social care providers
- domiciliary social care providers
- childrens care homes and secure homes
- all special schools and special post-16 institutes
- community drug and alcohol services
- residential drug and alcohol services
If you believe you are one of these sectors but have not been invited to sign up to the PPE Portal, please call our customer service team on 0800 876 6802.
The team is available from 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, to help resolve your queries.
Local authority and LRF contact details
Barking and Dagenham
Bath and North East Somerset
Phone: 07530 263 206
Phone: 0121 796 2577
Website: organisations and professionals can submit requests for PPE via this form.
Blackburn with Darwen
Phone: 01253 478 444
Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole
Brighton and Hove
Contact the PPE Portal customer service team on 0800 876 6802 to register for the PPE Portal.
Bristol (City of)
Phone: 07866 184 154
Cheshire West and Chester
Phone: 07912 293 705