Department for Work and Pensions
Sorting out Separation
Sorting out Separation is a free online resource for parents and couples dealing with divorce or separation.
The latest improvements to the site mean people can now find help and support from local organisations in over 600 locations nationwide. All these organisation have been awarded DWPs Help and Support for Separated Families (HSSF) Mark.
The Next Steps for You tool can help you get the information relevant to your individual circumstances quickly.
Our 6 topic areas also provides a wealth of information.
Get help with:
- childcare, parenting plans and talking to your children about separation
- mediation, separation and divorce
- benefits, tax credits, finance and debt issues
- relationships and dealing with conflict and domestic violence
- health issues such as stress, depression and the emotional journey
Child Maintenance Options
The Child Maintenance Options service provides free impartial information and support to help parents make informed choices about child maintenance.
It helps parents and anyone with an interest in child maintenance, explore how they can work collaboratively to agree a family-based arrangement with tools and guides for support. A family-based arrangement is where parents agree child maintenance arrangements between themselves. If this is not feasible, you can also find information on other types of arrangements available.
Use the updated website to:
- find out how to make a family-based arrangement and how to keep it working
- use our Child Maintenance Calculator, family-based arrangement form, leaflets and other supporting tools to help make your own arrangement
- compare and understand all the options available
- read the Child Maintenance Options blog to help with your decision making
- find out the ways to contact us if you need our help and support
- get answers to quick questions about child maintenance
- find out about our standards of service and timescales