Department for International Trade
The UK economy has already made the transition from an industrial economy to a post-industrial economy. Now its leading the way in the transition from a post-industrial economy to a knowledge-based economy. UK companies are world leaders in Smart City products and services, and are keen to export these skills abroad to assist the rest of the world in improving their cities.
UK expertise in the Smart Cities sector includes:
- Urban design, planning and architecture
- Infrastructure, engineering and construction
- Data, software and analytics
- Project management, financing and real estate
- Public engagement and service design innovation
To demonstrate UKs smart city capabilities, DIT Taiwan recruited a UK Smart Cities Trade Mission to exhibit at the Smart City Summit & Expo from 21 to 24 February 2017
The trade delegation consists of 10 companies and two cities- Royal Borough of Greenwich and Peterborough with highlights on their smart city excellence.
For delegates information, please see: UK Smart Cities Mission Brochure
- Location: UK Pavilion: J432
- Useful link: 2017 Smart City Summit &Expo: http://smartcity.org.tw/index_en.php
- Useful link: UK-Taiwan Smart City Forum: http://smartcity.org.tw/2017forum_detail.php?id=152