Uk Export Finance
The Standard Buyer Loan Guarantee covers a loan to an overseas buyer to finance the purchase of capital goods, services and/or intangibles from a UK supplier. This is typically relevant for contracts between 1million to 30million.
The benefits of our Standard Buyer Loan Guarantee include:
- the supplier is paid as soon as the goods have been shipped and/or services performed
- the buyer or borrower has time to pay over a number of years and can borrow at fixed or floating rates
- the financial institution receives a guarantee from us for the amounts due under the loan
The transaction must satisfy UKEFs eligibility criteria, which includes the requirements that:
- the supplier must be carrying on business in the UK
- the financial institution must be acceptable to us
All transactions supported by UKEF must satisfy:
- our foreign content policy
- our anti-bribery and corruption and environmental, social and human rights due diligence processes
The transaction may not be supported if there are sanctions imposed on the country of the buyer or borrower.
The maximum amount that can be made available under the facility is 85% of the contract value. A minimum of 15% of the contract value must be paid directly to the supplier by the buyer before the facility starts to be repaid. Of the 15%, a down payment of at least 5% should be received upon contract signature.
The period for payment under the facility is typically 2 to 5 years. It can be shorter or longer depending on the sector and transaction requirements.
Check our country cover indicators to find out what cover is available for the country or territory you want to do business in.
The fee payable for our cover is determined on a case by case basis.
How to apply
UKEF works with a range of financial institutions to deliver this support.
To find out more about a UKEF Standard Buyer Loan Guarantee or to discuss eligibility for our support, contact our customer services team.
Contact email@example.com or call +44 (0)20 7271 8010.
Our application forms are also available if you are ready to make an application.
Check our country cover position, and make an application.
Read our guide for applicants on business processes and factors, to find out how we make decisions on applications.