The MAIB has today issued a safety bulletin after the failure of a rescue line during a manoverboard drill on 24 March 2018.
The bulletin contains details on the background of the incident, the initial findings and the safety lessons, read more.
A full report will be published when the investigation is complete.
Request for information
To assist this investigation, it is requested that full details of any defective throw bag rescue lines discovered are also passed to the MAIB via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Press enquiries during office hours 01932 440015
Press enquiries out of hours 020 7944 4292
Write a Comment
Ministerial Departmental News
- PM's Office, 10 Downing Street
- Cabinet Office
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport
- Department for Education
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for International Development
- Department for Transport
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department of Energy and Climate Change
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- HM Treasury
- Home Office
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Justice
- Northern Ireland Office
- Scotland Office
- Wales Office
- See all departments