Surveillance Camera Commissioner
Certification enables organisations to demonstrate to communities that they use their CCTV systems transparently, effectively and proportionately.
The first document gives information on:
- why third party certification was introduced
- who can apply for certification
- the criteria for applying
- the benefits
- how to apply
The second document is a leaflet providing information on the Surveillance Camera Commissioners third party certification process.
The third document is a list of organisations that have received the Surveillance Camera Commissioners third party certification mark in relation to operating surveillance camera systems in public places.
Watch the webinar about third party certification:
Further information about the third party certification scheme is available, including:
- ways to show that youre complying with the code of practice
- a list of local authorities who have completed the self assessment tool
- a case study about achieving certification.
We are aware this publication may have accessibility issues. We are reviewing it so that we can fix these. Read more about our accessible documents policy.