Rural Payments Agency
Fraudsters may target farmers who receive subsidy payments and were aware that in the past some customers have received emails, texts and telephone calls claiming to be from RPA or Defra. Links to a fake website designed to look like an authentic RPA or Defra online service are sometimes included in the message. We do not send emails or text messages with links to websites asking you to confirm your personal details or payment information. We strongly advise anyone who receives such a request not to open the link and delete the item.As fraudsters may target farmers who receive subsidy payments, remember:
- never discuss your bank account details with someone you dont know
- we will not ask you to make a payment over the phone
- delete any emails or texts you do not believe are genuine, and do not open any links our main email addresses are:
- be cautious about what information you share externally, particularly on social media.
If you suspect an attempted fraud or feel you have been the subject of fraud, you can contact:
- RPAs Fraud Referral Team on 0800 347 347 or FraudInConfidence@rpa.gov.uk
- Action Fraud (the UKs national reporting centre for fraud and cyber-crime) on 0300 123 2040.