Public Health England
This publication covers the NHS abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) screening programme.
The report shows that:
- approximately 288,000 men were offered screening with 77.0% of men receiving a conclusive screen
- 2,045 aneurysms (aorta measuring ?3.0cm) were found
- 8,340 men self referred for AAA screening with 3.8% of screened men having an aneurysm detected
- there were approximately 15,000 men on surveillance during the year and just under 23,000 surveillance scans were undertaken
- 875 men with large aneurysms (?5.5cm) were referred for surgery. 94.5% of men appropriately referred, not declining and suitable for surgery underwent elective repair
Contact the PHE Screening helpdesk with any queries about this publication, making sure you include its full title.