Today (16 July 2019), The Planning Inspectorate published its Annual Report for 2018/19. The report shows that it is making great strides in modernising the way it works and is on track to improve its performance and meet targets during the next 12 months.
Commenting on the improvements highlighted in the report, Sarah Richards, Chief Executive of the Planning Inspectorate said:
This, the second year of our journey of planned improvements, has begun to show beneficial impacts on our performance. The programme to transform our end to end operational delivery processes is firmly under way and customers will soon see an improved and simpler appeals casework portal.
Key points from the report include:
- Casework performance in Wales broadly met or exceeded targets
- Casework performance in England is improving
- 99.4% of Local Plan examinations completed in agreed timescales
- All Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project (NSIP) applications were determined within statutory timetables
- The Inspectorate has successfully recruited the required number of new Inspectors and Appeal Planning Officers to support an improved level of performance.
- The Performance Recovery programme is on track to deliver performance improvements over the next 12 months.
Journalists wanting further information should contact the PlanningInspectorate Press Office, on: 0303 444 5004 or 0303 444 5005 or email: