Overview of the IDSR:
This guide is for primary and secondary IDSRs.
The IDSR is a PDF file showing data for Ofsted inspectors to use when preparing for and during inspection. The IDSR is designed to align with our school inspection handbook, so that areas of interest can be used to identify inspection trails.
Download your schools IDSR
You can get your schools IDSR by logging into your Department for Education (DfE) Sign-in account:
- Go to Analyse School Performance (ASP).
- Click on All reports.
- Select Ofsted inspection data summary reports.
- Click Visit the Ofsted IDSR service to download your schools report.
We re-developed the IDSR following the introduction of the education inspection framework (EIF) in 2019. The IDSR contains fewer charts and is reduced in size. Due to COVID-19 (coronavirus), performance-related data within the IDSR still relates to 2019. We have updated contextual information in order to include the 2020 data because it was collected before the COVID-19 outbreak.
As outlined in the school inspection handbook, inspectors will gather evidence of the impact of the quality of education from various sources. This includes nationally generated performance information about pupils progress and attainment. The IDSR can only provide a starting point, however. Inspectors want to see first-hand the quality of education as experienced by pupils and understand how well leaders know what it is like to be a pupil at the school.
The IDSR has been designed to:
- reduce the time spent preparing for an inspection
- provide interpretation of the data for inspectors
- minimise the focus on small groups that distract the conversation away from meeting the needs of all pupils
The IDSR continues to contain areas of interest sentences to highlight important data trends and differences from national data. Existing contextual information remains but is presented in the charts that were in the 2017 IDSR.
The IDSR contains:
- contextual information including workforce census data, financial data, multi-academy trust (MAT) and local authority information and school links
- 2019 and 2020 year group contextual information
- 2019 performance data, including key stage 4 subject-level data
- 2019 absence and exclusions
- destinations data, including a breakdown of pupil destinations for the past 3 years
School details box
The school details information on the front page comes from the DfEs Get information about schools (GIAS) service. This data is correct as of December 2020.
Service childrens education provider IDSRs are currently missing some details in this section.
The IDSR will always show which release of data the report is based on. It will also show the date that the report was last released. For example, revised 2019 key stage 4, key stage 2, provisional 2019 key stage 1, phonics, final 2019 early years foundation stage (