Overview of the IDSR:
This guide is for primary and secondary IDSRs.
The IDSR is a PDF file showing data for Ofsted inspectors to use when preparing for and during inspection. The IDSR is designed to align with our school inspection handbook, so that areas of interest can be used to identify inspection trails.
Download your schools IDSR
You can get your schools IDSR by logging into your DfE Sign-in account:
- go to Analyse School Performance (ASP)
- click on All reports
- select Ofsted inspection data summary reports
- click Visit the Ofsted IDSR service to download your schools report
We have re-developed the IDSR following the introduction of the new education inspection framework (EIF). The 2019 IDSR contains fewer charts and is reduced in size.
Supporting data tables used for the 2019 IDSR show national figures and quintile boundaries used to determine whether areas of interest sentences are triggered.
The new IDSR has been designed to:
- reduce the time spent preparing for an inspection
- provide interpretation of the data for inspectors
- minimise the focus on small groups that distract the conversation away from meeting the needs of all pupils
The IDSR continues to contain areas of interest sentences to highlight important data trends and differences from national data. Existing contextual information remains but is presented in the charts that were in the 2017 IDSR.
The new IDSR contains:
- new contextual information including workforce census data, financial data, multi-academy trust (MAT) and local authority information and school links
- new subject attainment sentences at key stage 4 to highlight potential subject areas to focus on
- new attainment trend charts
- a re-structured primary report to focus on subjects across the school, such as reading/literacy
- a reduced focus on pupil group performance
- expanded destinations data, to include breakdown of pupil destinations for the past 3 years
School details box
The school details information on the front page comes from the DfEs Get information about schools (GIAS) service. This is a snapshot as of 01 September