Form: Find out if someone has a guardian acting for them

Office Of The Public Guardian

September 26
09:29 2019


Use this form to find out if the High Court has appointed a guardian to look after the financial affairs of someone who:

  • is missing
  • is in prison abroad and cannot communicate
  • has been taken hostage or kidnapped

You can also use the same form to ask us for additional information about a guardianship order.

Alternative formats

You can email to get a document in an alternative format, such as:

  • braille
  • audio
  • large print

Remember to tell us your address, telephone number, the title of the document you need and the format you need it in.

Personal information

The Office of the Public Guardian (OPG) is committed to the responsible handling and security of your personal information.

Your privacy is important to us and protected in law by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA).

Published 2 August 2019
Last updated 26 September 2019 +show all updates
  1. First published.

Related Articles


  1. We don't have any comments for this article yet. Why not join in and start a discussion.

Write a Comment

Your name:
Your email:

Post my comment

News Calendar

Recent Comments

Follow Us on Twitter

Share This

Enjoyed this? Why not share it with others if you've found it useful by using one of the tools below: