Nhs Business Services Authority
NHSBSA provides a range of central services to NHS organisations, contractors, patients and the public; including the NHS Pension Scheme.
Silla Maizey joins NHSBSA as Chair, following 34 years experience in executive roles, her current role is as Non-Executive Chair and Trustee of British Airways Retirement Plan.
Anna Soubry, Health Minister, said:
I welcome Silla Maizey to her new role. The NHS Business Services Authority provides a range of services essential to the everyday operation of the NHS and has a challenging programme of work to transform the delivery of their services over the next few years.
Silla brings with her a breadth of experience from management and assurance services in the private sector. This will be vital in making customer focused changes.
Silla Maizey, said:
I am so pleased to be given the opportunity to lead this vital organisation and to join at a time of such challenging change. I really look forward to working with Nick Scholte and the rest of the board, as we together drive forward the transformation of the NHSBSA.
- For media enquiries please ring the Department of Health on 0207 210 5821.
- This appointment is made in accordance with the Code of Practice for Ministerial Appointments to Public Bodies, issued by the Commissioner for Public Appointments. All appointments are made on merit and political activity played no part in the selection process. However, in accordance with the original Nolan recommendations, there is a requirement for appointees political activity (if any declared) to be made public. Mrs Maizey has declared no current political activity.
- Silla Maizey executive career ended in December 2012, having worked for British Airways plc as Gatwick Managing Director, a post she held since 2011. Prior to that, she held various positions with BA since 1978, including 2 years as Customer Director and 8 years as Procurement Director. Between 1991 and 2011 Mrs Maizey held various non-executive director roles within BA and the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply. Mrs Maizey does not hold any other Ministerial appointments.
- The appointment is for four years and she will receive remuneration of 63,000 per annum for a time commitment of 2 to 3 days per week.
- For further information visit