This licence allows you to catch, move and release otters trapped inside fishery fencing as soon as possible to stop them causing serious damage to fisheries. This licence only applies to fisheries that have appropriate fencing around them designed to keep otters out (see annex C of licence CL36 attached).
- identify where an otter has got into the fishery such as through broken fencing and fix it before you trap the otter and move it
- use live capture traps which Natural England confirms as acceptable for trapping otter in England
- position the trap away from areas that could flood
- de-activate a trap if heavy rainfall is predicted
- attend any trap set to capture live otters within 3 hours
- transport and release the trapped otter outside the fishery fence as soon as possible
- get the landowners permission before you take action under this licence
See the licence attached for all terms and conditions.
If you need to carry out activities not covered by this licence, you can apply for an individual licence.
Register to use this licence
This is a class licence. You must com