You can use this licence until 31 December 2020. This is now a Defra licence, but the content of the licence has not changed.
You can use this general licence if you grow crops on a sufficient scale to have financial value, or you act on behalf of a grower.
To prevent serious damage to crops, this licence allows you to:
- kill or take woodpigeons
- take, damage or destroy woodpigeon nests and eggs
You must use permitted methods of control stated on the licence and comply with its other terms and conditions.
When you must apply for an individual licence
You must apply to Natural England for an individual licence if you need to carry out activities that are:
- not permitted by this licence
- on or near sites that are protected for birds
To find sites protected for birds, click on the MAGIC interactive map. The orange and purple hatched areas show where you must apply for an individual licence.
To zoom in for more detail:
- click on the + symbol below the on-screen compass
- drag the map to your location using the mouse or trackpad