Migration Advisory Committee
In June 2019, the government commissioned the Migration Advisory Committee (MAC) to carry out an in depth analysis of potential future salary thresholds and the range at which they could be set.
This salary threshold refers to a key component of the UKs immigration system.
In addition to the salary thresholds, the MAC has also been asked to look into an Australian-style points-based system and how this might work in the UK.
The attached call for evidence identifies the sort of information that the MAC will find most helpful to receive during the initial phase of its consideration of the governments commission, and details of how to submit your evidence. We are requesting that evidence be submitted using the online form detailed in the call for evidence.
This allows the MAC to assess and analyse the information in a structured and methodological way, assessing all information using the same criteria. This is the most effective way for the MAC to consider evidence from stakeholders.
Write a Comment
Ministerial Departmental News
- PM's Office, 10 Downing Street
- Cabinet Office
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport
- Department for Education
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for International Development
- Department for Transport
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department of Energy and Climate Change
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- HM Treasury
- Home Office
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Justice
- Northern Ireland Office
- Scotland Office
- Wales Office
- See all departments