Maritime Coastguard Agency
This notice should be read in conjunction with MGN 636 (M) Amendment 1 and MGN 587 (F) Amendment 1 ILO work in fishing convention: health and safety responsibilities which give guidance on the merchant shipping and fishing vessels (health and safety at work) regulations 1997 (SI 1997/2962 and replaces MGN 428 (M+F).
- ship, yacht and fishing vessel owners
- operators and managers and other employers of seafarers
- officers and seafarers on merchant ships
- hovercraft and yachts
- skippers and crew of fishing vessels
- small commercially operated vessels and yachts with paid crew, whether operating at sea or on inland waters.