Marine Management Organisation
Register now before Brexit
You can use this service to create a Defra account and create sample catch certificates until the UK leaves the EU.
Sample catch certificates cannot be used to export your fish or fishery products.
Youll need a separate catch certificate for each export.
The certificate allows you to export fishery products to the EU, Iceland, Ivory Coast, Kuwait, Madagascar, Norway, Thailand, Tunisia and Ukraine. It also allows you to export to any other country if all or part of the product will return to the UK or go to the EU.
Some fish and shellfish are excluded from the definition of fishery products and do not need a UK catch certificate for export.
What you need
To create a UK catch certificate, youll need:
- a Government Gateway user ID and password
- the company name and address of the exporter
- the name of the person responsible for the export
- the species (or FAO code), its state and its presentation
- the EU tariff commodity code for each product
- the names or PLNs of the vessels that caught the species, and the landing dates
- the export weights of each product
- to say whose waters the species were caught in
- transport details for how the export will leave the UK and where it will leave from
- the identification numbers of the containers used to export the product
Before you start
Check the EU tariff commodity codes of your fishery products in the trade tariff.
If you havent already, create Government Gateway sign in details for the business or organisation you represent.
Defra service registrations need you to provide some extra details about yourself and the business (for example, the Companies House registration number).
Registration should take around 5 minutes.