International Aid and Development
UK aid has matched pound-for-pound the first 2 million of public donations, boosting the Disasters Emergency Committees (DEC) appeal response to 6 million.
Welcoming the kindness of the UK public, International Development Secretary Penny Mordaunt said:
The incredible generosity of the British public on behalf of those left suffering and bereaved in Indonesia is truly heart-warming. Your contributions will make a genuine difference to people who need it most.
Through Aid Match we give the British public the ability to help directly to support people in desperate need by matching your donations pound-for-pound, your generosity has meant an additional 2 million being added to this vital appeal.
This comes on top of the support already being provided by the UK government in response to the crisis.
General media queries
Telephone 020 7023 0600
Follow the DF
Write a Comment
Ministerial Departmental News
- PM's Office, 10 Downing Street
- Cabinet Office
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport
- Department for Education
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for International Development
- Department for Transport
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department of Energy and Climate Change
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- HM Treasury
- Home Office
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Justice
- Northern Ireland Office
- Scotland Office
- Wales Office
- See all departments