Will robots take our jobsand possibly our lives? How can we benefit from the seismic explosion of data and machine autonomy? This is one of the challenging topics on the agenda at next months Innovate 2017, the UKs leading innovation conference.
Presenting their thoughts on automation and the impact of the 4th industrial revolution will be Hamid Mughal, Global Director of Manufacturing at Rolls-Royce, and Noel Sharkey, Emeritus Professor at the University of Sheffield.
Speakers and topics
Among the programme of speakers, workshops and networking sessions are:
- Juergan Maier, Chief Executive Officer at Siemens, on the UKs evolving place in the world
- Dr Trudie Lang, Professor of Global Health Research at Oxford University, on curing the world of all diseases
- Professor Sir John McCanny from the Centre for Secure Information Technologies at Queens University Belfast, on securing the cyber world
- Kate Hofman, Chief Executive at Growup Urban Farms, and Mark Swainson, Deputy Head and Lead for Higher Education and Research at the University of Lincoln, on the challenges of feeding a planet of 10 billion people
- Mark Boggett, Chief Executive at Seraphim Capital, and James Hinds, Head of Strategy for Space Systems at Airbus Defence and Space, on the new era in space
About Innovate 2017
Innovate UKs annual event brings together the brightest and best in UK innovation. It provides a chance to network with investors, hear from pioneering thinkers and find out about a range of expertise and government support to help you innovate and grow your business.
Innovate 2017 will explore major themes such as robotics and urban planning and what this means for the individual, business and government. Other topics include artificial intelligence, smart cities, alternative food sources and space exploration.
This years event takes place from 8 to 9 November 2017 at the National Exhibition Centre (NEC) in Birmingham. A one-day ticket is 150. It is 199 for both days.