The Advanced Propulsion Centre (APC) has up to 35 million to invest in business projects that deliver significant reductions in CO2 emissions and strengthen the UKs position on low carbon vehicle technologies.
The competition is the 8th in a series funded by the APC, an industry and government partnership formed in 2013 that aims to make the UK a centre of excellence for low carbon propulsion and development. Applications are managed by Innovate UK.
Areas that will be supported include:
- alternative propulsion systems
- electric machines and power electronics
- energy storage and energy management
- lightweight vehicle and powertrain structures
- thermal propulsion systems
- the competition is open, and the registration deadline is midday on 20 September 2017
- projects must be led by a business working with partners and include at least 1 vehicle manufacturer or tier 1 supplier and an SME
- we expect total project costs to range in size from 5 million to 40 million and for projects to last between 18 and 42 months
- businesses can attract up to 70% of their total project costs