Innovate UK is inviting businesses to apply for a share of up to 15 million to develop innovation projects in the infrastructure systems sector.
Infrastructure forms the backbone for economic stability, growth, competitiveness and productivity in modern society. It is vital for social well-being and environmental sustainability.
The term infrastructure systems describes the systems that provide critical societal services. These include energy, mobility and those services that enable towns and cities to thrive. As these systems face increasing social and environmental pressures, we need innovation to ensure:
- resilience to change
- fitness for purpose in the future
- optimal value from investment
The aim of this competition is to encourage the development of business-led innovative solutions. These will help provide affordable, sustainable and secure energy. They will provide connected transport, urban living and integrated infrastructure. They will also help ensure infrastructure can be resilient to environmental and social pressures.
- This competition is open now.
- The registration deadline is 12 noon on Wednesday 14 September 2016.
- The application deadline is 12 noon on Wednesday 21 September 2016.
- There will be a briefing for potential applicants in London on 12 July 2016. You can attend in person or by webinar.
- Projects can range in size from total costs of 25,000 to 5 million
- Projects must last between 3 months and 3 years