Innovate UK has up to 15 million to support innovative business projects in the field of health and life sciences.
Reducing the burden
A growing, ageing and increasingly wealthy global population is placing a burden on health systems and increasing the demand for food.
There are significant opportunities for UK businesses to develop new and sustainable ways of producing food as well as innovative treatments and therapies to diseases.
We will fund a variety of small and large projects in:
- increasing agricultural productivity
- improving food quality and sustainability
- advanced therapies (cell and gene therapies)
- precision medicine
- medicines discovery
- preclinical technologies
- advanced biosciences
Bringing in new knowledge
Innovate UK is also accepting applications for Knowledge Transfer Partnerships in health and life sciences as part of this competition.
- the competition opens on 2 October 2017, and the deadline for applications is at midday on 6 December 2017
- projects should usually be led by a business and include at least one SME. Research and technology organisations may lead projects in certain circumstances
- we expect project costs to vary between 50,000 and 2 million
- projects of up to 100,000 are expected to last 6 to 12 months, and those of up to 2 million to last 1 to 3 years
- businesses could attract up to 70% of their project costs
- a briefing event will be held on 12 October 2017