Businesses and consortia can apply for the EDF Energy Innovation Challenge competition. EDF is running this competition to stimulate new inspection and monitoring systems. EDF and Innovate UK are working in partnership to run this competition.
The aim of this competition is to identify new and innovative ways to inspect and monitor EDF Energys power generation assets. The competition has 2 themes based on existing challenges within EDFs nuclear fleet and offshore wind farms:
- challenge 1 - the inspection of high-risk components in EDFs advanced gas-cooled nuclear reactors.
- challenge 2 - finding long-term solutions for offshore wind monopole foundation corrosion monitoring and control
Proposals should be for feasibility studies that address these challenges. Solutions must be safe, fast, cost effective and accurate.
EDF Energy is one of the UKs largest energy companies and its largest producer of low-carbon electricity. EDF Energy is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EDF Group. This is one of Europes largest energy groups and generates around one fifth of the UKs electricity.
- This competition is open now
- The application deadline is noon on Wednesday 28 September 2016
- This competition is open to businesses of any size, from start-ups to large companies
- If you are a business you can work alone or with partners
- You can work with academic partners but a business must lead your project
- We welcome innovators from outside the energy sector
- Your project can be an early stage or well-developed idea
- You can get between 5,000 to 10,000 for your project
- We expect projects to last up to 3 months
- There will be a briefing event for potential applicants in Gloucester on Thursday 8 September 2016
- You can also attend this briefing as a webinar