The Department for International Trade, Innovate UK and the UK Defence and Security Organisation are seeking businesses with expertise in fields that could allow them to take advantage of the growing smart cities market in India.
Successful businesses will have the opportunity to attend the India-UK Tech Summit in New Delhi, take part in market briefings, visit other cities including Pune and Kochi, and pitch to potential customers and investors.
The November trade mission is likely to offer opportunities in:
- transport infrastructure
- built environment
- water, waste management and sanitation
- technology infrastructure
- security and cyber solutions
This latest mission follows a successful Connected Cities Mission to South East Asia in March 2016, when 10 businesses were able to showcase their expertise.
March 2016 Connected Cities Mission to Asia
Indian cities expect to invest 24 billion
UK companies are at the forefront of innovation in smart cities technologies.
The Indian government is investing 100 million to help its cities develop smart infrastructure and attract private investment.
It aims to create 100 smart cities over the next 5-to-7 years. The first 20 cities are planning capital projects worth 4.8 billion, and investment of over 24 billion is expected over the next 5-to-7 years.
- the cost of taking part in the India-UK Tech Summit and the mission is 250 plus VAT
- the cost does not include flights and accommodation
- the mission takes place between November 7 and 12
- businesses have an opportunity to exhibit at the India-UK Tech Summit