Up to 55,000 is available to develop innovative data analytics projects that will enable clinicians to make informed, safe and timely decisions.
Improved provision of critical data should enable early decision-making on treatment and disposition. It should enhance patient flow, satisfaction and outcomes. This competition will support this effort.
The clinical focus of this competition is the management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) for patients in emergency care departments.
Using data to support decision-making
The competition is looking for proposals that:
- support evidence-based clinical decision-making and care for patients with COPD
- use available data to predict length of stay
- use available data to predict mortality
It has 2 phases. Up to 10,000 is available for phase 1 and up to 45,000 for phase 2.
- phase 1: technical feasibility. Projects should last up to 12 weeks and range in size up to a total cost of 2,000
- phase 2: development, evaluation and testing. Projects should last up to 9 months and range in size up to a total cost of 15,000
- this competition opens on Monday 10 April 2017
- there will be a briefing event for applicants on Monday 8 May 2017
- you must register before midday on Wednesday 31 May 2017
- you must apply before midday on Wednesday 7 June 2017
Not right for your innovation project? View other Innovate UK funding competitions.