EU sanctions continue to apply in the UK until 11pm on 31 December 2020. This page will be updated if legislation or guidance changes during the transition period
The Office of Financial Sanctions Implementation (OFSI) publishes a list of all those subject to financial sanctions imposed by the UK which it keeps updated.
The details of those subject to sanctions are also categorised and available in specific regime lists.
To receive an email alerting you to any changes to the list, you can subscribe to our e-alert.
Searching the list
You can search for financial sanctions targets who are subject to an asset freeze or restrictions on financial markets and services by using the OFSI Consolidated List Search.Enter the details that you want to find results for into the search box. This could be any of the details listed below under Using the list.You can also specify in your search:
- which regime the designated person is listed under,
- if they are an individual or an entity, and;
- whether they are subject to an asset freeze or specific capital market restrictions.
To adjust the type of results you see, you can also:
- group your results by group ID this means that you can view all aliases and related entries in one place, and;
- turn on fuzzy search and increase the fuzzy distance this will find accurate results relating to your search and increase the chances of finding the correct match, even where your search term is misspelt or missing information.
The information on the search database is updated alongside the Consolidated List. Use of the search function does not remove your obligation to undertake appropriate due diligence in respect of financial sanctions targets.
Downloading the list
A full list of designated persons/entities is available in various formats in the links above. This includes a format that allows you to download the information on to your own system.
Using the list
The list provides information to help you decide whether you are dealing with someone who is subject to sanctions. It lists:
- Full name
- Any known aliases
- Honorary, professional or religious titles
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Passport details
- National identification numbers (e.g. ID cards, Social Security Numbers, etc.)
- Any additional information that may be useful (e.g. nicknames, details of family, etc.)
- Title of the financial sanctions regime under which the designated person is listed
- The date when the designated person was added to the list by HM Treasury
- When the information regarding the designated person/entity was last updated by HM Treasury
- A unique ID reference number relating to the designated person/entity