Hm Courts Tribunals Service
The Single Justice Procedure applies to cases involving adults charged with summary-only non-imprisonable offences. It allows cases to be dealt with by a single magistrate on the basis of the papers alone without either party having to attend court for a hearing. .
The procedure removes the need for the prosecutor and the defendant to go to court for a hearing. Defendants can manage their cases in writing.
The cases listed here relate to single justice prosecutions brought by Transport for London and some single justice prosecutions by TV Licensing which are ready to be considered in a Single Justice Procedure session within the next five working days. This means that either:
- the response time for the defendant has passed
- or there has been a response from the defendant or prosecutor
A decision will be made on these cases by a magistrate within 5 working days of the case appearing on this page.
This list will be updated daily and cases which have been dealt with will be removed and ones ready to be dealt with will be added.
You can contact our Courts and Tribunals Service Centre on 0300 303 0656 for case results. This service is also available to members of the media.
Ministerial Departmental News
- PM's Office, 10 Downing Street
- Cabinet Office
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport
- Department for Education
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for International Development
- Department for Transport
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department of Energy and Climate Change
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- HM Treasury
- Home Office
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Justice
- Northern Ireland Office
- Scotland Office
- Wales Office
- See all departments