36 senior leaders from China, Hong Kong, Mexico, UAE, Kuwait and Finland attended NHS Englands Health and Care Innovation Expo in Manchester to meet with UK healthcare providers, particularly NHS organisations, and forge international collaborations.
The international delegation was welcomed by Lord Prior, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Health, and had the opportunity to hear from Jeremy Hunt, Secretary of State for Health and Simon Stevens, Chief Executive, NHS England.
The Expo showcased the best of British healthcare innovation from personalised care and genomics to digital health and new models of care delivery. Across the 2 days, Healthcare UK facilitated introductions to leading UK healthcare organisations, both the NHS and its partners, which are already leading to further discussions and the promise of partnerships.
Deborah Kobewka, Managing Director of Healthcare UK commented
Overseas healthcare providers hold the NHS in very high regard.
Healthcare UK is delighted that such a large delegation joined us at the Expo to understand more about the NHS, discuss their potential international collaborations and develop relationships with NHS providers.
As well as attending the Expo, the delegation took part in a programme of visits to NHS organisations in the North West, including:
- Christie Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
Contact Healthcare UK to explore how we can assist you to do more business overseas.
Hold the date for next years Health and Ca
Write a Comment
Ministerial Departmental News
- PM's Office, 10 Downing Street
- Cabinet Office
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport
- Department for Education
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for International Development
- Department for Transport
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department of Energy and Climate Change
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- HM Treasury
- Home Office
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Justice
- Northern Ireland Office
- Scotland Office
- Wales Office
- See all departments