Detailed guide: Higher Tier: Countryside Stewardship

Forestry Commission

February 24
21:02 2021

Initial applications for Higher Tier opened on 9 February 2021 and close on 30 April 2021.


Use the Countryside Stewardship Higher Tier manual to understand:

  • the payments you could receive and how this scheme benefits the environment
  • eligibility requirements
  • the rules and conditions that apply to Higher Tier

Use Countryside Stewardship grants:

  • to understand the rules for each option
  • for advice on how to carry them out

How to apply

You will need to request an application pack by 31 March 2021 so that you can apply.

You can do this online using the Rural Payments service. We will email the pack to you so that you can apply.

Use this guide to find out how to request a Mid Tier or Higher Tier application pack.

If you are unable to get online, please call us to request a pack.

Use this guide to find out how to apply by email or post for Higher Tier

Find out more about CS funding

See Countryside Stewardship for details of other funding.


Contact the Rural Payments Agency if you have any queries:

Rural Payments Agency

(Countryside Stewardship)
PO Box 324
S95 1DF

Opening times: 8:30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)

Find out about call charges at

Published 9 February 2021
Last updated 24 February 2021 +show all updates
  1. Link to guide added: How to apply by post or email for Higher Tier

  2. 'How to request a Mid Tier or Higher Tier application pack' guide published

  3. First published.

Recent Comments

Follow Us on Twitter

Share This

Enjoyed this? Why not share it with others if you've found it useful by using one of the tools below: