Financial Services Organisation
UK Trade and Investment (UKTI), in partnership with representatives from the UKs fund management industry, hosted the UK-China Investment Management Industry Conference in London on 21 July 2015.
Topics discussed at the conference included:
- the development of the Chinese bond market
- opening up of the Chinese asset management industry to foreign investment
The conference was part of a 4 day visit to the UK by the Asset Management Association of China (AMAC). The Chinese delegation included a number of significant fund managers.
Opportunities for UK-China business
Daniel Godfrey, Chief Executive of the Investment Association, said:
Distribution into the Chinese market is a compelling new opportunity for many world-class UK investment managers and Chinese firms are also seeking opportunities outside China.
Thats why we entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with AMAC last year to further our shared interests and goals.
We were very pleased to welcome our friends from AMAC back to the UK for this latest conference, which was an invaluable opportunity for us to share knowledge and to create connections for future commercial success.
The purpose of the conference was to encourage UK and China fund management experts to:
- share industry insights on market developments
- encourage bilateral trade and investment opportunities on both sides
Londons financial expertise
Sherry Madera, Director for Financial Services, UKTI China, opening the conference, said,
It is no surprise that more and more Chinese fund managers are choosing the UK as their base for European operations. We are the largest fund management centre in Europe and the second largest globally.
As the leading global financial services centre, and the most internationally focused financial marketplace in the world, London has firmly consolidated its position as the Western hub for Renminbi business outside Asia.
The conference was co-hosted by:
- UK Trade and Investment (UKTI)
- The Investment Association (IA)
- Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA)
One Stop Shop concierge service
In 2014, the UK government launched a One Stop Shop concierge service for fund managers wishing to set up in the UK.
The concierge service is led by the UK Trade and Investment Financial Services Organisation (UKTI FSO). It brings together all of the relevant service providers, to offer a comprehensive package of support to fund managers who are new to the country.
Read our brochure on Fund Management in the UK: The destination of choice for investment management
Contact UKTI FSO for help in accessing
Write a Comment
Ministerial Departmental News
- PM's Office, 10 Downing Street
- Cabinet Office
- Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport
- Department for Education
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for International Development
- Department for Transport
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department of Energy and Climate Change
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- HM Treasury
- Home Office
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Justice
- Northern Ireland Office
- Scotland Office
- Wales Office
- See all departments